Start-up and commissioning plays a major role in the transitioning plants from construction to operation. To ensure that equipment or system is construction-complete, that it can be operated safely, and that the initial running of the equipment or system has been performed, Chicago Controls can help its clients by:
- Designing Audit and ensuring Start-up concerns are addressed
- Preparing Startup / Commissioning / FAT / SAT documentation
- Assembling Documentation Package
- Conducting Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Conducting Site Acceptance Testing (SAT)
- Detailed Punch listing to Ensure Construction Completion
- Initial Testing of Process Equipment and Critical Utilities Prior to Validation
- Commissioning of Non-Critical Utility Systems
In addition and to ensure that supplied equipment is operational, commissioning includes mechanical, electrical, control system, and instrumentation testing.
Chicago Controls can formalize the commissioning documentation into a commissioning protocol to provide documented evidence that the non-critical utilities operate in accordance
with design specifications.